PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
The objectives of the BA Social Science Programme are to:
1. Facilitate overall self-development through interdisciplinary training in social sciences.
2. Impart a value based-education to help promote a career of service.
3. Train to develop soft-skills and articulation and entrepreneurial initiative.
4. Enhance leadership qualities for youth and make them total persons.
5. Lay a foundation for inclusive growth of the mind and the person.
6. Prepare the students to a career as social scientists, civil servants and social workers to conscientiously serve the country and humanity.
At the end of the BA Social Science Programme, students would be able to:
1. Comprehend opinions of others and articulate their own opinions on social issues, make moral judgments and ethical decisions.
2. Understand the complex and interdependent nature of the relationship between individual, the community and the global systems.
3. Demonstrate familiarity with historical and contemporary social issues.
4. Acquire knowledge of methods and terminology of the social sciences
5. Structure, evaluate, support, compare and critically interpret logical arguments in social sciences.
6. Integrate published scholarship into their writing.
Students who completed their 10+2 with a minimum of 50%.
|SEMESTER – I|
Philosophy: Problems of philosophy
Politics: Introduction to Political Science
Psychology: Foundations of Psychology
Sociology: Introduction to Sociology
Indian Heritage and Culture
|SEMESTER – II|
|SEMESTER – III|
Economics: Indian Economy 1
Philosophy: Outlines of Western Philosophy
Politics: Indian Constitution
Psychology: Psychological Measurement of Individual Differences
Sociology: Society in India : structure and change
M.K. Gandhi’s thought and practices
|SEMESTER – IV|
Geography of India / Corporate Social Responsibility
Economics: Indian Economy 2
Philosophy: Logic & Scientific Method
Politics: Indian Political System
Psychology: Social psychology
Sociology: Indian Society: Issues & Problems
Indian National Movement/ Climate Change
SEMESTER – V
Glimpses of World History
SEMESTER – VI
Teachings and Practices of World Religions
How to Apply (Click here to Download Application)
Filled in forms can be submitted at GIM office with a DD of Rs. 300/- in favour of GITAM Institute of Management, GITAM University, payble at Visakhapatnam,For more information,call Dr. I. Sreenivasulu at 9948880479, Office at 0891-2840317 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.